While working under the general direction of the Bindery Department Supervisor or the person in charge, the Bindery Operator performs sets-up and/or operates one or more of the following: Folder, Booklet Maker, Saddle Stitcher, 3-Knife Trimmer, UV Coater, Drills, Laminator, USB-13 Punch, Die Cutter Padder, Automatic Coil. S/he continues to learn to set-up and operate additional machines as assignments permit with normal supervision and guidance.
- Refer to the supervisor for the next job assigned to the machine being worked on.
- Acquiring the job jacket and reviewing it for specifications or special instructions that may impact the operation or setting up of the machine
- Following routine procedures in the setting-up and in the operation of the machine.
- Reviewing the quality of the product continuously to meet that which is required.
- Maintaining the required records with quantities and/or any other information that may be helpful or required.
- Inspecting books, deciding to accept or reject books, or parts there of, in maintaining the quality level required on the job.
- Assisting in the training of lesser skilled workers assigned to the job.
- Maintaining quality and production records in a prescribed manner to provide useful information on the given job.
- Reporting unusual conditions to supervisor or person in charge.
- Working on job assignments in other manufacturing areas as instructed.
- Maintaining the bindery equipment and the immediate area
- Keep work area clean
- Performing Tedious Tasks – Able to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
- Attendance – Works with supervisor to try to make scheduled work and help cover difficult times. Shows up on time when scheduled.
- Conscientiousness – Strictly adheres to all company policies and procedures, complies with safety regulations.
- Achievement Orientation – Strives to be successful at tasks and to meet or exceed goals. Accepts targets and goals, and makes certain they are met.
- Cooperativeness – Willing to take direction from supervisors and, when appropriate, go along with coworkers’ ways of doing things. Willing to follow rules.
- Communication Skills – Has the ability to clearly convey directions, information and/or feedback both verbally and in writing.
- Follows Directions – Is able to easily understand instructions and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Perform Mathematical Computations
- Use Measurement Devices
- Record Data
- Stand C(Constantly)
- Walk F(Frequently)
- Sit N(Not Applicable)
- Handling / Fingering C(Constantly)
- Reach Outward C(Constantly)
- Reach Above Shoulder O(Occasionally)
- Climb N(Not Applicable)
- Crawl N(Not Applicable)
- Squat or Kneel O(Occasionally)
- Bend C(Constantly)
- 10 lbs or lessC (Constantly)
- 11-20 lbsF (Frequently)
- 21-50 lbsF (Frequently)
- 51-100 lbsO (Occasionally)
- Over 100 lbsN (Not Applicable)
Push / Pull:
- 12 lbs or lessC (Constantly)
- 13-25 lbsF (Frequently)
- 26-40 lbsF (Frequently)
- 41-100 lbsO (Occasionally)
- N (Not Applicable)Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
- O (Occasionally)Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
- F (Frequently)Occupation requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
- C (Constantly)Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements:
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection)
While performing Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this job, the employee regularly works near moving equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employees in this position may be advised or required to utilize personal protective equipment including but not limited to: ear protection, eye protection, lifting equipment, protective smocks.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.